Buyers Agent Brisbane | top 5 relocation tips
As a buyers agent located in Brisbane these are our best tips for interstate buyers making the move to the sunshine state.
In this video Meighan covers her top 5 tips for home buyers relocating to Brisbane.
- First of all, housing and property styles are very different to capital cities in other States. As a result, compromises will need to be made with regard to location, housing style, layout and budget.
- Private treaty negotiations are the preferred sale method in QLD over auctions. Therefore, it’s very important to understand the sellers motivation because these motivations are key to a successful outcome.
- The seller is represented by the real estate agent, likewise, the buyer is represented by the buyers agent. Furthermore, the real estate agents job is to get the best deal at the highest price for the seller. Similarly, it’s the buyers agents job to represent the buyer and their best interests..
- Some Brisbane properties flood, therefore, do your research before buying and check for overland flow paths.
- Caveat Emptor is the basis of property law in Queensland, meaning it’s up to the buyer to do their own research into the property. Most importantly, the buyer needs to know which questions to ask and where to find the answers.